6.10.2006

Bearers is a Wrap (fingers crossed)

My impending published debut is pretty much a wrap.

I just finished work on my final draft, getting everything in chronological order, making sure names worked, and fixing tenses. It took me a few hours what with finishing one of my reference texts, doing extensive names research, and rejiggering so the timeline comes out right. I should have done it a week or so ago, but I just couldn't get back to it. Troy read through it and noted that there's more text in the book than in all four issues of Down.

As far as names go, does anyone else find the process of coming up with them infuriating? I'm not talking about the agony of whether to name your protagonist Jack or Jake, but when you have a character that needs a name according to an ethno-geographic background. It's amazing, you spend all this time researching etymology, meanings, and trying to find things that flow well, and then it looks like you picked something totally arbitrary. I don't even know what some of the names I came up with mean anymore, but I know I chose them all for a reason.

PLUG TIME:



Witchblade: Bearers of the Blade - on sale July! (not the final cover- but Bachalo does rule...)

Pre-order it from Mile High
.

I'll have more links once it goes on sale.

No comments: