6.21.2006

Behind

I had a fun weekend filled with all sorts of things, none of them working. Well, I did read Dead West by Rick Spears and Rob G. which is a lot of fun, but no research in the way of the Troy project or anything else.

Work has been keeping me pretty busy, but I still decided to beg for work on Monday. There have been a couple of bites thus far, some of them actually pretty promising. I'm really just hoping I can end up doing something that actually happens and matches my sensibilities.

I tried using SketchUp last night. It did not instantly turn a photo of me into a scary 3-D monster. Maybe I should have tried to read the directions.

I really need to get my proposal finished up so I can either push that boulder off the mountain or give up on the pipe dreams for now. I can't talk about that just yet, but we'll see.

Bearers is going out the door this week. It's actually going to be one of the Top Cow's first Image Advances titles. DC and Marvel ship one of each book a week early to comic shops every week, and Image recently joined the bandwagon. The idea is to drive up sales by letting retailer take a look at what's awesome before their fans come to the shop the following Wednesday. I'm excited. Orders are pretty good, and I expect that more people who pick up Witchblade #100 on a whim will grab Bearers as well.

Here's the pencil version of the con variant by E-Bas:



I did tell you it was getting a convention exclusive, didn't I?

No comments: