11.15.2006

Back Up Offa Me

So I'm officially go for writing a back up story to appear in the back of some Top Cow books at some point soon. Just wrapped the story and sent it off to the higher-ups (it's already been approved by the managing editor...). Got to spend some time researching cool things like psycho-pharmacology, human waste disposal, and random acts of torture. Not exactly what I pictured when I set out to write this thing, but I went with my gut and stayed the course. Not sure if the hook is as strong as it could be, but I don't think anyone will see it coming. Or maybe they won't care. We'll see what happens when I get some feedback.

Either way, it's a nice change of pace from my OGN work. And it will be awesome to see art rolling in on both projects. No one has ever drawn anything I've written. Unless you count my flying squirrel book from way the hell back. Not only did I attempt to draw it, probably in crayon, but I made up a word that was about 9 words long combined from all sorts of gibberish and prefixes (a 10 year-old's take on cyber punk) and scribbled it down on my desk at home. Not on paper on the desk, but in pencil on the desk itself. Not sure how bad that little book is now, but knowing I was never an artist, and I'm still not the writer I want to be...

Anyhow, I'm writing. Not as much, as fast, or exactly the creator-owned projects I would like, but I'm getting paid to do something I love. How can you beat that?

No comments: