1.20.2007

A Good Day

That's what yesterday was.

I've only been in this game for 3 years. I've been reading comics for almost two decades (I know what the first one I bought was, but not the first one I ever read...), but I'm still a relative rookie at this. But I've got determination and panache, and that coupled with guile is what's gotten me this far. Well, that plus accumulated contact info from coworkers, freelancers, the Internet, and my own travels.

So I claim yesterday as a victory. Not only did I call an industry legend and not get turned down about a project, but another damn good artist sent me an e-mail that helped make my day. He basically admitted that I had convinced him to work for me, and that he was resigned to doing it at some point soon, since he could tell it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I don't know about you, but in a world where I do nothing but complain about exclusive contracts and sweat over blown deadlines, this one gets chalked up in the win column.

No comments: